Skip to main content

When your kid turns 18

I always thought it was strange and hilarious in movies and TV when the parents are so excited and ready to peace out once their kid turns 18 and is ready to move out and go to college... like, goodbye, and good riddance!

You're familiar with the scene.. it'd be something like the parents dropping of their kid at their college campus, and then zooming off to a huge vacation, already dressed up in their sun-hats and Hawaiian shirts.

I always thought that was messed up. Like. Don't you love your children?? Why would you be so excited to leave your kids, or for them for leave you?

I get it now though. Kids are a lot of work!! It's only been less than two months, but I already know I'm going to be so happy the day I can be relieved of my day-to-day parent duties. I'm already so ecstatic when I can run across the street on my own to pick up some groceries. Just those 20 blissful moments to myself. I know for SURE me and Carlo are definitely going on a big vacation for ourselves once Mya comes of age. Because we will have deserved it.

Comments