Skip to main content

4/18/19: 2 month update pt II

Mya went to her 2 month appointment today and we found out she now weighs 11.5 pounds, which is almost two pounds from a month ago! I wonder how much longer I'll be able to hold her and rock her to sleep. I think my arm muscles have slowly acclimated (woot woot, momma strength!).

She also got all her immunizations today. She did so well! Of course, she cried during her shots and a bit afterwards, but she pretty much just gonked out afterwards. Hopefully she does well tonight and doesn't catch a fever - I read some babies can be really fussy the night of or the few days after.

When she does really well at something, I always want to reward her, like one usually does with food - but at this point, the only reward I can give her is physical and verbal affirmations. She smiles when I give her kisses so I think she understands. UGHH, she's so cute, I can't get over it. She has two dimples (got them from dada!) and I LOOOVE dimples. I die. She also has the longest eyelashes - definitely didn't get that from me either. I'm not sure what my favorite feature of hers yet is, the list is endless.. lol

OH! Some other things she's started doing lately:
  • Instead of just full-on crying when she's upset, she now has like a "I'm kind of upset, but not yet sad" face where she POUTS and sticks out her bottom lip and it's sooooo freakin adorabbleeeeee.
  • She's definitely started to recognize faces! My mom usually never has her glasses on. She had them on earlier this week when I passed her off.. Mya had a neutral face and kind of looked at her like.. who are you?!? So my mom took her glasses off and Mya IMMEDIATELY smiled. My mom melted and died.
    • Which makes me wonder ONE thing. During that 6 week mark, I cut my hair and came back to nurse her. She LOVES eating and I knew I came back to a super hungry baby. I expected her to take to my boob right away, but she actually was completely dead silent for a good 30 seconds to where me and my mom were actually really concerned.. I think she probably didn't recognize me, but after a while, she slowllyyy recognized my scent and then started happily eating. I wonder what she'll be like when I start wearing contacts again, because I'm always wearing glasses at home O_O
  • She pays longer attention to me when I'm trying to talk to her - for like over 10 minutes at a time.
  • Her cues are more obvious (or maybe we're just getting to be better parents) - it's much easier to tell the difference between her just being upset, dirty diaper, or hungry.
  • Other things.. she still HATES bath time. Some babies like bath time from the get-go, but not Mya! It's always so sad seeing her cry so hard when she's being bathed.
  • One of my favorite things lately is when I burp her because there's some instances where she stays still with her head and one arm against my chest like she's hugging meeeeee
  • I think she's starting to have sense of smell. Not sure if it was a fluke, but there was a couple times where I farted (LOL) and then I swear she had this disgusted look after.. sorry bebs.
  • Speaking of farts! She's only starting to have about 1 poop a day (which is normal, babies start getting more efficient at processing food).. but she's definitely getting a lot more farts and they're starting to STANKKKK.
  • Hmm, any other developments or observations.. that's all I can think of for now..

Comments