Skip to main content

4/22/19: One week without mama + all smiles!

It wasn't as bad as I thought, but I always anticipate the worst. Very proud of myself and giving myself a pat on the back for being able to do all the consoling and lulling her to sleep throughout the entire day and knowing that I CAN do it and that I am enough.

But still, I literally only had time to take care of me and her. If I was a fully single mom, I would drive myself nuts trying to fit in time to clean and buy groceries.. thankfully Carlo and Carlo's parents still helped with that.

This past week..
Her doc appointment was Thursday as I mentioned in the last post, and thankfully, she slept normally and didn't get a fever afterwards. The only thing is that she's only had ONE poop since then and it's been 4-5 days, which is a tad concerning, but upon some Googling, it looks like exclusively breastfed babies can go 7-10 days without taking a poop. Apparently this is normal for a baby around her age since her system can process food more efficiently, but I also read that it could be because of one of her shots.

Since she hasn't pooped, she's been having a lot of gas, which makes for her being more fussy these past few days. And when I say a lot of gas.. IT AIN'T NO JOKE. Like, how does a baby even fart that much?!?! Lol. Her farts sure smell like she has pooped! As long her her stomach is still soft and she still seems energetic, the lack of bowel movement should be normal, so fingers crossed that she will poop soon. Otherwise, gonna buy some probiotic drops for her (got this tip from a Youtuber). But yeah, she's been pretty uncomfortable and even waking up from her sleep because of it. Poor girl. And poor me, too! I swear today, we've put her down to sleep for 4-5 times already and she wakes up 10 minutes later crying because she has gas :/

What else. Oh! She met her grandparents from her dad's side (Carlo's parents) for the first time! It's crazy to think that we have so much family but only 3 people have met her so far, outside of just us 2 :( Really excited to visit home soon. BUT she was really good and she didn't even cry upon meeting them for the first time or when they held her.

So glad that she's easy with new people and new environments. She was actually also really good at the doctor's office too, in a new place and dealing with the doctor and the nurse.

As for progression this past few days not too much new to report, but I'm glad to say she is a very smiley baby and easy to make laugh too, we barely have to do anything and she smiles. Those dimples are killa!

Comments