Skip to main content

4/13/19: 2 month update

Mya officially hits her 2 month mark tomorrow, so here's an update on both me and her. 
My lack of updates over the last few days is because she's going through a growth spurt again! She's been feeding once about every 90 minutes to two hours during the daytime, which means I'm constantly busy during that time too. Supposedly, after the 3 month mark, it should get easier because their stomach capacity gets bigger and they won't have to eat as often. Though, around that 3 month mark is also when I have to start really thinking about my plans for work T__T we shall see.
Mya
We got a surprise care package this week (thanks Randy & Kathy!) So much love from so many people. Beyond any packages and cards we've received, we deeply appreciate even the smallest of gestures of love and kindness from everybody, from the texts to the social media likes. Love all y'all and we really can't wait to come home to visit and have everyone meet her. On our own note - I can't believe me and Carlo have been gone for 9 months and haven't seen most of our friends and family for that stretch of time T__T
On that note about the love we've received - everything we've used to this point (her clothing and toys) were all gifts and we didn't buy any of it - which is crazy because we didn't even have a baby shower. AGAIN, thank you all again soooo much! I don't think we'll have to buy anything for her until she's after 3 months old!
Mya's current favorite thing is an activity playmat (which my work got for me). She LOVES that thing. IDK why it's so damn entertaining to her, lol - but it is nice to be able to put her down and have her have fun by herself for 30 minutes to an hour at a time, literally lying in the same damn spot!! I think that's the only toy she uses so far. At this age, she can't do much yet since she's still developing her mobile skills. We also have a baby book (also from my work) where she can start looking at the high contrast colors and shape that she just started semi-gaining interest in.
On her development - she JUST started trying to coo and make noises so we've been trying to get her to talk more. It's so cute seeing her trying to move her mouth to talk and her trying to get her vocal cords to work - I can tell it takes her a lot of effort because she breathes a lot harder. Her neck strength is also a lot better because we can have her sit in her lap and she can support herself for a bit. And, of course, she's constantly getting bigger and I just thought to myself today that I won't be able to take milk-drunk pictures of her where I'm able to support her with only one hand and take pictures with the other.
Me:
Overall, I've been good, though yesterday was definitely the worst night EVER. I was up until 2 AM because she kept clusterfeeding every hour, I think because of a tummyache because she hadn't pooped for 2 days. I kinda knew she would have a HUGE poop that night, but maaan she would NOT sleep and she was also crying loudly and extremely inconsolable. Of course, on a weekend that Carlo is gone for work. I didn't wanna bother my mom either because with every hour that passed, I was like... she SHOULD be good now.. but nope. I finally lost patience after being up for so long and had to enroll my mom's help. She finally slept shortly afterwards.
From my last update, I had been trying to get my exer-ma-cise in - and I think I did pretty well at it for like.. a week or so?!? But Mya's been going through her growth spurts and I haven't had time or energy to keep up with myself, unfortunately. Have to prioritize rest and Mya first.
But - we are definitely trying to fit in 'us-time' by going on walks on the weekend. It's a bit hard though when I have to worry about if she's going to want to feed. ALSO, after post-partum, I haven't been able to hold in my pee as well. (TMI? Just keepin it real T__T) I'm also constantly worrying about needing to make sure there's an available bathroom somewhere I can use if we're out over an hour.
Carlo also has a military ball in about 2 weeks! Sounds fancy, huh - but from what he's been telling me, it's not as fancy as they make it sound, lol since it's still an Army function, I guess? I found a dress I can wear in my closet but I literally had NO shoes to wear with it. I threw out all the heels I had because I either didn't like any of them anymore, or they weren't comfortable. I ordered 5 pairs of shoes (with the intention of returning at least 3 of them, of course - a girl needs options!). Online shopping is definitely the savior of a new mama - cuz I ain't got time to go out to shop!! I wonder what Carlo's work thinks though, him getting all these packages. It was one order but it came in 3 different shipments.
UMMM. What else. My mom's going away to the explore the Northeast for a week while my in-laws are in town to visit. Our place isn't that big so it would be cramped if we accommodated all of them at once, with only one small bathroom, no less. We'll see how I fare without my mom. Wish me luck!

Comments