Skip to main content

6/6/19: 8 PM

It's about 8 PM right now and I'm in the dark in the bedroom keeping tabs on Mya to make sure she's getting her last restful nap of the day. At 3 months, she should ideally be getting 3-4 hours of daytime sleep and she's only had a little over 2 hours today so far. FINGERS CROSSED. It's annoying though because there's always TONS of honking and police sirens going off and I can see her stirring in her sleep -_-..

Noise. The main reason we are moving to the 'burbs.
New Yorkers, man. Likely one of the most impatient breeds of people. We live at an intersection and I can confidently say that, about 50% of the time RIGHT when the light turns green and the first car doesn't move within 0.5 seconds, there's most likely going to be a honk. We hear yelling throughout the day as well lol (usually for the first car to get a move-on.. if they take more than a second, some folks get mad.. LIKE Y THO)

ANYWAY. 8PM. It's crazy because I'm reminiscing the first 3 months of her life where my bedtime was usually 7:30 or 8, to ancipate the 4-5 night feedings.

IT'S BEEN SO NICE NOW THAT THERE'S ONLY 1-2 NIGHT FEEDINGS (in general...) Now my sleeptime can be like a normal person's. We now usually have about a 10 PM sleeptime, which is what it was before we had the baby.

IONO. I say that now before sleep regression. Fingers crossed. Definitely relishing this while I can.

Hmm I guess this post is on the shorter side, and Mya is still napping so I'll continue typing some more.

Summer in New York has officially started.. which means 80-90 degree weather in the daytime and 70s at night. UGH. It's terrible for Mya's skin because she's constantly sweaty in her folds (cuz she's chubby!). Our apartment is older so it doesn't have central A/C. We only have the AC in one room, our bedroom, so every other room is EXTREMELY hot and you sweat even if youre just sitting there. Worst.

It makes going to sleep more difficult, and more importantly, putting MYA to sleep more difficult. Having her on me while I'm rocking her makes us both super sweaty. On top of that, I still have to have her swaddled tightly while she's already wearing a layer of clothes, poor thing must still be hot. It's funny because we're so Asian (frugal) that we usually wouldn't blast the AC when it's just ourselves, but when it involves baby.. WE DO ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING.

AHH.. And right when I'm about to end the post, Carlo makes a tiny sound and it wakes the baby.. she already was having bad sleep and was stirring the whole time anyway. Turns out there was just a bit of poop in her diaper, so maybe some constipation was keeping her from sleeping peacefully.

WELP. Life of motherhood, lol, there's just a preview of some of my day.
BYE!

Comments