Skip to main content

6/3/19: Weekend activities!

Wow, lol, I've been so busy - I meant to post about our Memorial Day weekend last week but got caught up - but I'll just lump it into this post :)

It's been so nice after she's turned 3 months old because we can have actual weekend outings where we're not restricted to just going out within the area. We've been ballsy and have pushed it to Manhattan, Flushing, and Brooklyn by both train and car, and she's actually done really well!

At 3 months, she can stay up for up to two hours, so it's nice for her to be able to get out of the house and be able to observe things outside of the house. And it's good for us to be able to go out again! She does pretty well on the subway and mostly sleeps through the rides, and with the car, she's actually adjusted pretty well. I'll have a more updated note on this in the 4 month update post.

Last week was SUPER eventful! It was nice to be able to go out with friends and be social again for the first time, and know that we CAN still have a social life and be able to go out to restaurants fairly reasonably - as she gets older, she'll only get better, too.

Memorial Day weekend:
Friday: Met up our friends Justine and Paul for breakfast in Brooklyn and walked around Domino Park. It was nice for us to catch up with friends for the first time! She was mostly looking around at breakfast, and then got fussy near the end when we decided to have some dessert. Overall, not bad. We pushed the trip in Brooklyn since we already drove out there to head to the army commissary to stock up on meat, and she did OK since she mostly napped in the carrier while we were shopping, but when we drove home (about a 30-40 minute car ride), she was CRYING the entire time... which sucked for everyone involved =(

Saturday: Went to Costco in the morning and met up with our friends (again!) in Koreatown. Went to a rooftop bar and ate Korean bbq. My first drink(s) of alcohol again post-pregnancy and thankfully, I don't think my tolerance was lowered, lol. At the rooftop bar, I had to chug a cider pretty quick (because we got our table WAY sooner than we thought). We drank a decent amount at KBBQ and I dind't feel anything, but we ate ALOT haha so it probably offset everything. OMG I haven't had KBBQ in so long and it was so freakin good. Baby was not happy at the restaurant though, I think because she was awake for too long and it was too stimulating of an environment for her to go back to sleep. But it wasn't too bad, she wasn't a screaming, crazy baby.

Sunday: I think we went to yum cha and just walked around Flushing. We took the car and she was CRYING through the ENTIRE car ride, except I remembered that I packed the pacifier, so we tried it out. Thankfully, it worked and she quieted and calmed down, but too bad I didn't figure that out earlier.. lol

Monday: Went out to Manhattan on THE HOTTEST day of the year (so far), I think it was 90 degrees or so.. she definitely was NOT happy on this day lol - probably a mixture of the heat and being overstimulated again.. and probably from the lack of sleep from the previous day. Mostly fussy but yea, thankfully not a crazy baby while we took the subway. Thankfully, she just knocks out on the train most of the time.

THIS WEEKEND:
We went out to check out a luxury apartment in Jamaica and she napped in the carrier the entire time, and then yum cha'ed after. All the dim sum ladies ALWAYS look and comment about her! Well I guess that's normal, actually. Everyone always thinks Mya is a boy, which I think is super funny, but tbh, I think she has a boy face too lol. But babies pretty much look unisex until puberty, so I'm not offended at all. I still think she is the cutest thing ever. But yeah. Mya was just sitting up and looking around the whole time while we ate. She was so good!<3 p="">

Comments