Skip to main content

06/29/19: Mya's red egg!

Last Sunday was Mya's red egg!
It was a pretty hectic day, but overall, it went really well. I had envisioned that she would be crying and at least would need to be held for a good hour for the event, but she surprised me and actually only cried once when she was hungry. She was pretty cool meeting new people and even being held by some of them :)

Got there early as anticipated. She actually woke up early that day and the way I calculated, she would have napped the 45 minute car ride and then be ready to partay by the time we got to the restaurant. Of course, in typical baby fashion, you can't EVER expect anything to turn out the way you expect. She ended up being awake for the entire car ride, and then falling asleep about 5 minutes before we parked. So I ended up sitting with her for about 45 minutes just keeping an eye out, while my mom and Carlo set up for the event. People started rolling in, but she was still sleeping so I asked my mom to watch her instead. I wanted her to nap as long as possible to minimize her potential to be fussy throughout the event. She actually ended up napping for probably an hour and a half total and was fashionably late to appear at her own Red Egg :)

It was nice catching up with everyone and seeing folks I hadn't seen in over a year! It's kind of crazy to even think we've already been gone that long. When you see familiar faces, it's always just good vibes all around, and you don't even think about the time you had apart. Tried to make sure I sat at each table to get face-time with everyone who had came, and then made our rounds to also try to get group pics with everyone. It was like a second wedding banquet, haha. But at least I got to eat this time. HELL, I made sure of it. Shiiiiet. 'Specially when it's paid for and it's a buffet. The food was surprisingly good, especially since it WAS buffet style. (I wasn't expecting much but it more than exceeded my expectations!)

All in all, a successful event (I think!) Our favors looked to be a hit (it was a plastic red egg with candy inside) - we got to see people - people got to see us and the baby - and people got to see people! It's always nice when your event is an excuse for others to catch up as well.

Ah. Adult things. I can't wait for other people's red eggs.. and upcoming weddings. Things I don't have to plan and just show up for. Hehehe :)

Comments