Skip to main content

5/5/19: Weekend update: Watching a movie & 1st FRIENDly visitors

Wow! I feel like it's been an eternity since my last update, but it was just 4 days ago about my past weekend.

She's turning 3 months soon! As for me, her turning 3 months meant another growth spurt at this time.. which means.. clusterfeeding!! Her last growth spurt was about a month ago (seems like an eternity), but yeah.. it meant I only got 3 hours of sleep in a 12 hour timespan. Thankfully it's always temporary and she always tends to have good sleep the day after or so, but when you're going through it, it's terrible. You have no idea what it's like to wake up in the middle of the night, look at the clock, and only see that you only had one hour of sleep @_@.. knowing that the cycle might continue 2 to 3 times before the sun even rises. IT'S THE WORST.

I forgot there was another instance of clusterfeeding last week that happened during the daytime.. it was pretty terrible and it happened to be a day that my mom decided to go out to Central Park so I had to deal with everything myself for 5 hours lol x____x I would put her down to nap and she would wake up literally 20 minutes later... and I'm like.. GURL AIN'T YOU TIRED FROM NOT NAPPING FOR 5 HOURS? I SURE AM!! Nope.. again, thankfully, these instances are always temporary and I always have to remind myself of that.

In other news..

We actually got to watch a FULL 90 minute movie uninterrupted for the very first time! It just so happened that we turned on Netflix right after her first morning feeding and we had one hour to spare too! It's so funny as new parents living in New York, waking up at 6:30.. and stores don't even open for another 3 hours or so.. New Yorkers tend to have late mornings. It's hard to run morning errands because we're sometimes already tired by 10 AM, lol.
(On that note.. debating doing a date night with Carlo to watch Avengers! It'll probably be a daytime matinee thing because we sleep so damn early lol)

We also got our first non-family visitors - Bayon & Heidi! They brought over a super cute unicorn blanket and pillow set. Now that Mya is older and has her shots, I'm excited to have visitors once in a while, especially since we don't have family here. Of course, they only got to see her for a grand total of probably 5 minutes because she was sleeping or needing to eat.

Comments