Skip to main content

5/16/19: 3 month update

Mya's 3 month update / accomplishments!
  • Constipated for exactly a week after her 2 month immunizations, bought probiotics due to a tip from a Youtube mom, and she had a big poop the morning after. THANKFULLY. She was super gassy the whole week and extremely cranky (cried alot)
  • Started putting hands to face at 10 weeks
  • Coos when trying to talk (I call them chicken noises)
  • Hands and arms move around with more purpose.. still not grabbing things though. Fists starting to be more unclenched
  • Started making bubbles at the mouth
  • Graduated! from her 1-3 month clothes almost exactly at the 3 month mark!!
  • Grabs my arms with her feet while changing (lol, what a little monkey)
  • Sits upright for a short period of time
  • LOVES kicking on her playmat!!!!
  • ALWAYS somehow kicks her socks off - lol
  • Stopped hating tummy-time as much.. actually holds her head up for a bit at 45 degrees for a little before she cries
  • STARTING to not HATE bathtime as much.. in the beginning, she would cry like MAD even after she was being dried. But now she calms down when she's on the dry towel and occasionally when she's still in the water when she realizes we're not trying to actually torture her, lol.
  • Had her first LONG stretch of sleep - a record of 10 hours!! (Best believe, my boobs were full of milk and I had to empty out a few times throughout the night anyway)
  • Her sleep seems to be actually a full nighttime sleep at the 3 month mark with either zero or just one night feeding! LOVING IT!!!! I still wake up in the middle of the night because I'm super hot due to my breasts being full though.
  • Longer sleep = longer wake times.. have to spend more time entertaining the baby. I feel like I need to get more toys! She's usually on the playmat for 30-40 mins by herself, then I try to play/talk to her for another 30-40 mins.. and then I switch her to moms. She's up for about 2-4 hours at a time nowadays! Which is nice because she would usually just be up for one hour before crying because of needing something. Now she can sit through and watch us eat dinner without us needing to tend to her!
In month 4 she's supposed to start grabbing things! Still not there yet, but trying to teach her or coax her to touch her toys. Also supposed to start being able to roll around. I'm going to be super sad when she's mobile because I'm gonna have to keep a close eye on her.

Comments