Skip to main content

9/3/19: Oh sweet 6 month sleep regression / last week in SF!

Pretty sure she's going through a sleep regression but really it just means that her brain and body is growing extra and she needs the extra night feeds like I kinda talked about in the last post.

Uninterrupted night sleep good was for that 4-6 weeks. Took it for granted. Now it looks like I'm back to about 1-2 night feeds.. wonder how long it will last!

Went through 2 sleep regressions here by myself.
Killa. Damn you, Carlo, so lucky to miss it!

So much for getting back into shape! It's hard to take care of yourself when you are not getting your basic need of sleep. But, baby comes first. I haven't even gone for my daily walks these past few days because I'm too tired. Thankfully, with the Labor Day Weekend, my mom happened to be off and she was able to play with her and walk with her more in the day. Even if I don't get to actually fall asleep during these naps, it's nice just to lie down with some peace and quiet as a form of rest.

My mom got really lucky with Labor Day weekend! As did I. She gained an extra day with the baby and I got extra help. Her last week with the baby.. she won't get to see her every day anymore. She's been there every day since she was born like a second mother. I haven't even had time to think about it but it's so sad!! :( The next time she'll get to see her is November when she visits.

I am still SUPER amped to get back to New York though. Mya secured a spot in day care so we can start as soon as we just readjusted to the time zone and new house. I am excited to get my life back and not have anxiety for all 3 of her naps and constantly staring and agonizing over the monitor. I wonder what I'm gonna do with all that free time now!

Well, I'm definitely going back to work part-time, but even that sounds like a freakin' vacation..
Parenthood is no joke, y'all.

Comments