Skip to main content

9/24/19: First week of daycare

We weren't expecting to put Mya in daycare for 2-3 weeks after we got back to NY, but since she adjusted to the new place and timezone pretty much instantly, we figured she was ready - and I could really use the break since Carlo is gone pretty much the whole day - all week. At least with my mom, it was only half of the week and I had some help. Of course, I couldn't sleep the night before she started daycare, as well as the ENTIRE WEEK - just thinking and worrying too much, even though she's adjusting great. I didn't have separation anxiety and dropping her off, but I did wonder a lot of how she's doing with her naps and if she's doing well and hoping that she's happy.


The first couple of days though, I did regret it because now is seriously the BEST age with her personality forming, smiling, laughing, and babbling more than ever.. I'm like.. man.. I did all the nap and sleep training and now I have to send her away now that she's the most fun she's ever been?!?! We do want her to socialize more with other children and adults though, and of course, get more stimulation in general, so this is really the best decision for all parties involved :)

The first 3 days were pretty rocky, they said she cried A LOT, probably because she missed me and wondered where the hell she was and who all these new people were.. by day 4 and 5, she was SUPER happy when I picked her up and they already said she cried less.

Just yesterday (first day of week 2), they said she did really well again - I'm glad she adjusted so well and much faster than I anticipated! She already got her first runny nose - kids usually get sick pretty often once they start daycare from all the exposure to other kids. It'll just make you stronger!

As for me.. last week, I was really just trying to catch up on rest and sleep - I really haven't been getting over 4-5 hours a night. Of course, I couldn't nap when she was gone at daycare either, best believe, I tried to lie down throughout the course of the day and still couldn't sleep a wink. If you guys have read the beginning posts, you'll just know I'm not a good napper, have never been - UNFORTUNATELY! Either way, at least I was able to do NOTHING. So good to do nothing. I didn't even have a chance to really go on the computer that much because I was really determined to lie down and sleep, but of course, that couldn't happen, so it was just me lying down in bed for most of the day (and week). I did some reorganization of the apartment and most of my days revolve around prepping lunch for myself, dinner for later, and then cleaning.. that seems to take most of the day, surprisingly - or somehow, it flies by even if I don't accomplish that much.

I think now that I am truly more at ease with Mya doing better in daycare, I've gotten about 6-7 hours of sleep, albeit broken, but better than before. I now have more energy to actually go on the computer and look at work emails and take short walks.. functioning like a normal human being. It'll only get better! :)

Comments