Skip to main content

7/14/19: 5 month update

25 inches
14 lbs 11 oz
Gained an inch and 11 ounces since the last checkup.
  • Started rolling over from back to belly (YAY!). Did it pretty sloppily and only when she was in the mood for it around the 4.5 month mark, around the 5 month mark, does it pretty often when I put her on her belly. If she's tired though, she can't roll over. I feel like she likes to roll over because she just HATES tummy time that much. Lol.
  • Can keep head up at tummy time for an extended time. Good head and neck control.
  • Not as conversational as she used to be, seems to be more of a quiet observer now instead. (Maybe taking after me??! Quiet bb??)
  • Better at trying to grasp objects, but still not grasping them.
  • No longer interested in her playmat.
  • Doesn't show much interest in toys! I bought her new toys but she doesn't seem to like playing with any of them. She's more interested in watching me, or watching me play with the toys FOR her instead. I was reading that babies at this age don't like toys as much because they don't know how to manipulate them just yet.
  • Enjoys looking at things - when we're walking outside or just staring out of the window. 
  • LOVES watching me eat. I don't know if it's the motion of putting something in my mouth, my mouth opening and closing, or chewing - but she ALWAYS smiles when I take a bite out of my food. So I've made it a point to eat in front of her when I can. It's like I'm hosting a private mukbang show for her.
  • Learned how to suck her own thumb to soothe herself to sleep! Started doing this about a week before 5 months.
  • Cries/screams pretty loudly when she's hungry.. lol
  • Other than that, she's a pretty quiet baby. Doesn't cry unless she's hungry. If she's bored or something, she just lays there quiet.. so I always feel like I should be entertaining her O_O esp since she doesn't play with her toys!!

Comments