Skip to main content

07/07/19: Sleep training progress pt I

WTF Y'all.

What. The. Fuck.

And I mean that IN THE BEST WAY POSSIBLE.

Sleep training is working much quicker than I'd thought it would!! Naps have been going MUCH better than anticipated. She goes down for her naps pretty easily.

Sleep is a work in progress.
I looked at my logs for the last few weeks, and it looks like since we got to San Francisco about 3 weeks ago is when we essentially messed up her schedule where she would be sleeping at 10PM-11PM every night.. so it's been a bad habit set by us for the last 3 weeks that we essentially need to reverse now, so that will take some time.

Hopefully tonight goes better. It was really heartwrenching to hear her cry nonstop for about 3 hours last night but I read that it might be an 'extinction burst' where she'll show progress but then psychologically revert back to her bad habits to see if it will get her anywhere. I read that this is common around day 3 and 4 for using my specific sleep training method, so fingers crossed. Definitely want to be consistent and give my method a good few days before I switch anything up or make any adjustments.

LAST NOTE!
The main thing about sleep training is not only keeping a close eye on when she gets tired, but also setting a good naptime and bedtime routine, so essentially, they get to understand that routine as a cue that they should be getting ready to nap or to go to bed.

My naptime routine is essentially putting her in her PJs, reading her a book, singing her a lullaby, turning on the white noise, and then setting her down. Bedtime is the same but with a bath beforehand.

It was almost kind of eerie yesterday for her last nap where I started reading her the book and I SWEAR it was like she knew it was time for nap and she almost seemed hypnotized? IDK lol that was just my perception of it, who knows how she actually felt :P But yeah. More often than not, she usually doesn't like being put in her jammies and cries, but then she seems to calm down once I set her down before I read her the book too. So I wonder if she knows that's coming??! I'll see a few more times once we continue this routine!

Comments