Skip to main content

07/24/19: Each day is the smallest you'll ever be

SIGH - I have been so emotional lately! I wonder if it's because 1) I've had too much time to myself to think (b/c my mom has pretty much been gone for the last 2+ weeks) or 2) hormonal changes (b/c of postpartum hair loss). Whatever it is, it's a good thing, because I haven't had time to 'feel' or think about anything else other than just taking care of baby's needs and then my meals and showers.

I already know in my head that every day I hold Mya is the smallest she'll ever be.

It really hit home today when I was holding her up against my shoulders. UGH. She's so freakin' cute. I always love getting the side angle of her face when she's right next to me and I get a good close up of her chubby cheeks and I can't help but kiss them or tell her how cute she is.

I started slow dancing with her and started tearing up just thinking about how fast she's going to grow. How many more months where I can still hold her like that and have her face right next to mine?

At that moment, I made a promise to myself that I'm gonna hold her and have a short slow dance with her every day, until she doesn't want to anymore. And then of course, I started crying some more. T_T And now I'm tearing up just thinking about it again. WAHHH

Comments

Post a Comment