Skip to main content

3/25/19: First outing + vivid postpartum dreams?

FIRST OUTING
I went out with Carlo for the first time in 5.5 weeks (sans baby). It was the first time I had been out, period, not counting the two doctor appointments. It was nice to have a short break. Will definitely take more of those now that the baby is bigger and the weather is getting nicer. Of course, she had a tantrum the 90 minutes I was gone but I had prepared a bottle of milk beforehand for my mom before I left. But yeah, nothing exciting, just a quick Costco run. I realized that was also the first time I'd been in a car since we came back home from the hospital. Kind of strange that it was also the first time in MONTHS that I got in the car without a preggo belly or having to take extra effort to get in the car, haha.
We did also have a SECOND outing on Sunday, this time, WITH baby, just taking a 40 minute walk around the neighborhood. So nice to be outside, holding hands with Carlo, and then Carlo having the baby in the carrier. Us three as a family all together. OMG, our first family outing, just realized that now!

VIVID POSTPARTUM DREAMS
I'm usually a light sleeper and I feel like I never get into that deep sleep stage where you get dreams. I almost NEVER dream. But postpartum, I've had some vivid-ass dreams. During my first 2-3 weeks postpartum, I was getting weird dreams that involved the baby or nursing. Apparently having fears or anxiety about the baby in your dreams is common, but mine weren't like that. Like - one of the dreams was that Jackie Chan was in my kitchen doing squats while I was topless feeding Mya on the couch in the next room (random?!?!?!) and then another one was me + my sister in law were in one room and my niece, nephew, and Mya were all taking turns breastfeeding from us. SO WEIRD. LOL.
I Googled this and apparently it might be because of the hormone changes during this time??

Comments