Skip to main content

2/23/19: More postpartum stuff week #1

  • There's this nursing pillow called 'My Brest Friend.' It's become my best friend.
  • I didn't laugh for 3 days after giving birth. I didn't even realize until I laughed at Carlo for something, and then I felt pain. Lol. It's been a fairly sustenance life (OUTSIDE OF BABY) just trying to get sleep, or nurse, or just exist without some kind of pain or ailment. 
  • This is the most you'll ever wash your hands. *Unless you work in the medical field already lol
  • I was reading that a lot of women fear their first bowel movement and that going to the bathroom after delivering was the scariest thing ever! So I was dreading it. But going #1 was just normal for me (no stinging or anything), and going #2 wasn't too different than regular either other than the fact that I just felt constipated. ALSO. I read that having your stitches come out while going #2 is pretty much impossible, so that alleviated my fear.
  • I always found it amusing when I would tell people how cute their children are, and they always respond, "Yeah.. right now.." I get it now. Because Mya is an almost intolerable MONSTER when she is gassy or has a poopy diaper!! Crazy loud and relentless screams with T-Rex arms. But she's such a freakin' angel when she's comfortable. Sigh. That li'l cutie. I'll let you get away with anything.
  • You stop caring about what day it is. Because for the next however many days you have off to due maternity/paternity leave, you ain't got anything else more important to attend to! I haven't even checked the weather outside. Time is only important when I'm trying to see the last time she fed to anticipate the next feeding, and when I should try to nap.
  • I don't bring my phone with me when I sleep (to avoid checking it and having the light from it potentially disrupting my sleep). Everything I check on my phone is completely irrelevant anyway, and can wait. Sleep comes first. 
  • I surprisingly haven't felt voraciously hungry after delivering the baby. At least, not yet. I pretty much just try to eat after each feeding so my body can replenish. There's only been like once or twice that I've felt the need to snack -- though right now, the baby is smaller so she's probably eating less than she will be in a few weeks.
  • Walking down stairs with my new 'body' after delivery was definitely different! So much lighter. (Not sure how much weight I lost immediately after birth since I don't have a scale). And also, so nice I can squeeze into small or normal spaces again. And that I can also get REALLY close to the bathroom mirror to tweeze my eyebrows. AND I slept on my stomach today for a few minutes, just because I could.
  • Postpartum night sweats are real.
  • I love and respect my mom SO MUCH MORE now that I'm a new mama as well. I love and respect ALL MAMAS so much more. And shout out to all the good dads out there too!!

Comments