Skip to main content

8/15/19: Updates on me!

From the last update:

Postpartum hair loss still going strong! Except I didn't realize it's not the hair loss that's the problem. It's the hair regrowth! My sister in law sent me a pic of her bangs when they were growing out and OMG lol. I def have a TON of baby hair in the front and I didn't notice it before!

Related to hair - scheduled a haircut for before we head back to NY! Very excited for this b/c my last haircut was the day of my 6 week postpartum checkup. So, that means it's been about 4-5 months. My hair's at an awkward length right now.

Happenings! I got to hang out with some friends within the last month and I was definitely more care-free while I was out since Mya's been better with the sleep. I remember when I first went out with a friend when I JUST started sleep training and I literally had anxiety the whole time and I dreaded coming home. No more of that!! Nice to be myself, nice to be out, and of course, nice to catch up with people!! I had looked on my calendar and realized I only had like 4-5 weeks left of being home and made sure to schedule some hangouts. Crazy how fast that went, and crazy how fast it's going! I have about 3 more full weeks of being here, and then back to NY I go!

Super excited to head back to NY and finally get to be a real FAMILY with Carlo again. I don't even know what it's like to have a husband anymore! And Carlo doesn't even know what it's like to hold the baby or what it's like to hear her cry or what it even sounds like.

Once we get back and settle in (however long it'll take for the baby to adjust to the new surroundings and timezone), we're gonna find a daycare for her and likely put her in there full-time. Putting her in there full-time is the best for her - since it settles her into a predictable routine. I'm excited for her to learn and socialize with other babies and beings - and I'm also excited to get my life back!! Whatever it may entail. Probably a mix of working remotely and working from the office. I really miss little things like commuting, listening to Spotify, and just grabbing lunch in the Midtown area of Manhattan..

Goals and things to look forward to:

I've started getting into better shape with my daily walks and short workouts when the baby is napping. YEE.

Super excited to start feeding baby solids full-blast when we get back to NY. Right now I just kinda give her tastes and bits of things for her to learn different textures and tastes outside of breastmilk and she seems to really enjoy it. We don't have a highchair here for her and it doesn't make sense to buy one just to use for a few weeks, so we'll have to wait for NY to get into it.

The thing I'm not excited for that's tied to that is weaning her from breastfeeding as she starts solids. My hormones are going to change and so my mood might change. BUT. Worst of all, I'm going to get my period back!! :( Breastfeeding prevents your period from coming back. It's been like 15 months of not having a period and it's been awesome. UGH.

I think I'll also really miss having her breastfeed with me.. the physical bond we have! Especially now that she grasps my finger when she eats. It's the cutest thing.

Anything else.. I think that's all for now!

Comments