Skip to main content

1/17/20: (Almost) 1 year PERSONAL update

Almost one year!

As you know, Mya turned 11 months! After I submitted my last post, I thought of some things I may have missed.

1) I stopped breast pumping.
I had already stopped breastfeeding her since 7 months when she started daycare, but I stopped pumping entirely a couple of weeks ago. I lasted almost 11 months - which I’m very proud of! This decision stemmed from just taking too much time in the morning. I already have to leave the house early (at 7) and if I have to tend to the baby and get ready for work, I just.. don’t want to spend that extra time in the morning sitting there attached to a machine. I’d rather spend it with my baby.

I didn’t have too many feelings about it. I did do it gradually though. 
Some people get really emotional (due to hormones changing b/c of the stop in breastfeeding), or they can even go through pain (like clogged ducts), but weaning caused no issues for me. I did have some light headaches for a few days, but IDK if that was related to my weaning.
All in all, I feel SO blessed because I read about people’s boobs hurting or getting mastitis (basically means clogged milk ducts) and I have never experienced any of it.

2) Last weekend, we actually walked past the hospital where I delivered Mya! It brought back really good memories and me and Carlo reminisced about our labor and delivery. So cool pointing out, “This is where we parked! This is where I crossed the street and got on my knees!” etc etc. Time really flies..

The last ‘date night’ spot was actually near our hospital too and we ended up having lunch there. How life comes full circle. That wasn’t in the original plan - we wanted to eat at a few other places, but they were either crowded or didn’t look good - I’m glad we ended up back at our spot though because it was yet another nice walk down memory lane. We ate at Flex Mussels and that was our last ‘date night’ because that was the same night that we essentially had to go through a hospital orientation prior to delivery. SUCH a good meal. I always thought it was funny that people would remember their exact spots, where they sat, what they ate.. like SUPER SPECIFIC.. but I get it now! Now we get an extra bonus memory of it with Mya there too. I hope to eat there on a recurring basis :) 

ALSO super random. We delivered Mya at Lennox Hospital in the Upper East Side of New York. I happened to be listening to a podcast Dave Chang was on and he mentioned his baby was delivered there. I thought.. how freakin’ COOL.. that so many famous babies and celebrities have delivered there (like BEYONCE!) and we get to say that Mya was born there. She’s a New Yorker - and will always have that NY birth certificate.

3) ANOTHER BABY?
IDK man.. I think I’m being tricked. Mya is really at SUCH a cute age right now. Not yet walking. Lots of interacting and talking. So cute.. just.. everything. And enough time has passed where literally the first few months of her being born are already a blur. And my body is pretty much back to what it was.. though I could definitely do more kegels.. LOL. (Seriously, no joke. I find myself feeling like I need to pee more often than I used to, so I need to work on that! I’m one of those people now where I try to use the bathroom whenever I can because I feel like I can’t hold my pee as long as I used to. Well, no one ever SHOULD, right?) But with that said, going down memory lane this past weekend, I had SO many good memories of being pregnant.. specifically being pregnant in New York, that I was like.. damn. I think I might want another baby while we’re still in New York.. Mya is an angel, and imagine if we had 2 cutie baby angels!! I catch myself romanticizing everything but at the end of the day, IDK.. I feel like realistically, it’s probably best to give more time in between babies and maybe wait until Mya can be potty trained and is more around 2 before we try for the next one. IF we try. It’s really all up in the air right now.

Comments